Wednesday 12 December 2007

Vis Com - PDP

Further to my website design, I have decided that I will upload the site and use it for work and portfolio purposes. I have hosting space but need to arrage a domain name for the site.

I have also started to develp business cards to match the design of the website.
The first was based on the website colours and background;

Photobucket

I felt that this was too simple and plain and I wanted more depth and emotion to the card. It needs to be bold and impacting. I wondered if I could take the banner image to use as the card background but I was unsure of the colours as there are quite bright and vibrant when you see the whole image.I chaged the original image from the banner into another duotone image using the two blues from the website and I was quite please with the result;

Even though I was quite happy with this, I couldn't help wondering how the original banner image would work in purple. Curiosity got the better of me and I had to try it...

Now that was a silly idea!I don't know which I prefer!I do like the blue, but when you sit it against the purple it looks very dull!Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh!!! I can't decide!Think I'm going to have to sleep on it.

No comments:

Blog Archive


About Me...

Photographer based in Dawlish, Devon. I'm available for weddings, portraits and commissions.

Please see my website for further details.


* Please note that all images in this blog are © Eleanor Stobbart unless stated otherwise. Please do not use these images without the permission of the copyright owner. *