Thursday 6 October 2011

Strobism (Off Camera Flash)

I recently participated in a mini strobism workshop in preparation for a night time model shoot that I have been organizing with several other Leeds based photographers. One of the photographers, Gavin, had more experience with off camera flash by far that everyone else and kindly offered to give us all a mini workshop in the art of off camera flash.

It was great fun and I learnt quite a lot. Although I do use and have experience of studio lighting, strobism is quite a different skill with very different equipment.

Using several flash guns (up to 5 at a time) off camera with remote triggers and a willing (and slightly crazy volunteer) to model, here are a few of the test shots...

The Leprechaun I can fly! I can fly!

No comments:

Blog Archive


About Me...

Photographer based in Dawlish, Devon. I'm available for weddings, portraits and commissions.

Please see my website for further details.


* Please note that all images in this blog are © Eleanor Stobbart unless stated otherwise. Please do not use these images without the permission of the copyright owner. *