Wednesday 5 May 2010

Leanne: Fire Dancer

I had a bit of an unusual but very fun shoot the other day. I had been taking to a make up artist (Jessica Bailey) about shooting some portfolio updates for her. Jessica had, in turn, been talking to Leanne, a dancer from Huddersfield.
Leanne isn't any old dancer, it turned out that she did fire and stilt dancing!

Fire Dancer Fire Dancer

Having recently been scouting for new locations, I suggested a derelict site on the edge of Leeds with plenty of graffiti and different structures. Having sent a few images, both Jessica & Leanne loved the look of the site so we set a shoot date. Jessica had expressed an interest for a street dance themed shoot and liaised with Leanne for wardrobe and make up ideas.

Leanne Chav-Tastic

I have been wanting to experiment with off camera flash on location for some time now and this shoot gave me the perfect opportunity to do so. I had a radio trigger but also a second flash so I had the options of different set ups. I do need more practice with the strobes, but I think that they worked really well with the theme and style of the shoot.

Fire Dancer

Both Jessica and Leanne are really pleased with the images produced and I will post more feedback from them soon.
The full gallery can be seen on my website; Leanne's Gallery

No comments:

Blog Archive


About Me...

Photographer based in Dawlish, Devon. I'm available for weddings, portraits and commissions.

Please see my website for further details.


* Please note that all images in this blog are © Eleanor Stobbart unless stated otherwise. Please do not use these images without the permission of the copyright owner. *