Friday 19 September 2008

A Thousand Words...

I must admit, that as much as I like photography, I am very picky when it comes to art and I often find exhibitions quite dull. But yesterday I visited the York City Art Gallery. There was an exhibition of various works of art compiled by Tracey Chevalier (author of 'Girl with a Pearl Earring'). The works were all chosen as Tracey thought they would make an interesting moment in a story.

Each work had a chalk board next to it for visitors to write their own ideas and stories in relation to the works and Tracey had written a few extracts herself.





I thought that this was a wonderful idea and a chance for visitors to interact with the exhibition. It made it far more interesting especially to read what others thought was happening in the works.

No comments:

Blog Archive


About Me...

Photographer based in Dawlish, Devon. I'm available for weddings, portraits and commissions.

Please see my website for further details.


* Please note that all images in this blog are © Eleanor Stobbart unless stated otherwise. Please do not use these images without the permission of the copyright owner. *