Tuesday 23 September 2008

Whispers To The Sea

Okay, so I have being a little bit sneaky and I have been working on a little project for my dad's 60th birthday so it has been rather hush hush for some time.

I thought it would be nice to give him a very personal present so I had a book made for him, 'Whispers To The Sea'.

The book is 80 pages and filled with photos of Devon (Dartmouth, Stoke Gabriel and Sailing) as he loves it down there. But rather than making just a plain photo book, I decided to make it a poetry book. So there is a collection of 18 poems and an Ancient Greek prayer for safety at sea. The title of the book was taken from one of the Poems.

As you can imagine, it took quite some time to make this book. All of the photographs were taken and edited by me, I selected the poems, chose the layouts etc and several weeks later I was finally happy with it. Then I had to spend a week and a half biting my nails until it had been printed and sent back to me from the publishers!

I was so happy with the results and my dad absolutely loved it!

Below you can see the book and a few of the images that were used.



You can view the whole book HERE or alternitivley, please visit the 'Links' page on my website.

Copies of this book are available for family and friends only at this time - so please let me know if you want one!

No comments:

Blog Archive


About Me...

Photographer based in Dawlish, Devon. I'm available for weddings, portraits and commissions.

Please see my website for further details.


* Please note that all images in this blog are © Eleanor Stobbart unless stated otherwise. Please do not use these images without the permission of the copyright owner. *