Tuesday 3 November 2009

New Challenges

Having chosen to focus on Landscape and Wildlife photography, I am finding it far more challenging than I had expected.

The main issue that is causing such a hindrance, is the weather.
I am so reliant upon it, that by the time I reach a location for a sunrise, the weather conditions are often unsuitable despite watching the weather forecasts so closely.
This is extremely frustrating as I am unable to get the images that I had set out to accomplish.
It also feels like a complete waste of time, having got up at 5am to travel an hour to a location and set up in time only to be disappointed for reasons out of my control.

I also feel that I had previously under estimated the necessity of using filters for landscapes.
ND grad and ND filters, I know know are essential for shots and I needed much stronger ones than I had.
This has resulted in spending nearly £40 on two pieces of resin (glass) that are about 4"x4" which seems a little excessive, but after seeing the difference, I don't feel so bad about spending the money.

So, I have learnt a few essential things so far and I am sure there are plenty more to learn too, but I am getting there and enjoying the process.

No comments:

Blog Archive


About Me...

Photographer based in Dawlish, Devon. I'm available for weddings, portraits and commissions.

Please see my website for further details.


* Please note that all images in this blog are © Eleanor Stobbart unless stated otherwise. Please do not use these images without the permission of the copyright owner. *