Saturday 8 November 2008

Droplet Macros

Ok, so I was bored and wanted to play...

I love these shots, they look quite surreal and I just want to stare at them for ages.
I think this is because you don't often really stop to look at droplets of water - we are so used to seeing it running out of a tap or in the form of a river which makes these photographs quite intriguing.

The shots were so simple to take. The images are quite simply a biscuit tin sprayed with water. To get the colour and lighting effects, I used my flash gun (off camera) with an omni bounce and some coloured gels. The images were taken using a 50mm f1.8 prime lens and a variety of macro extension tubes.
So simple, yet so effective.

Blue  Droplets Pink & Green Droplets

There are more variations of these shots on my flickr page.

No comments:

Blog Archive


About Me...

Photographer based in Dawlish, Devon. I'm available for weddings, portraits and commissions.

Please see my website for further details.


* Please note that all images in this blog are © Eleanor Stobbart unless stated otherwise. Please do not use these images without the permission of the copyright owner. *