Sunday 18 January 2009

Stress, Stress, Stress!

Its only January and I'm already starting to feel a little stressed with uni!

For some reason, I haven't really understood what they are asking us in the briefs so far (although I know I'm not the only one in this boat) but it has taken longer to get my head around them than I would have liked, leaving less time for working on them which I'm finding rather frustrating.

There also just doesn't seem to be enough time to do anything!
I have 4 briefs going on at once and an ongoing brief too.
Generally, I'm very good at managing my time but I'm finding it such a struggle right now.

There are also so many other opportunities this year that I really don't want to pass up on outside of uni, giving myself even more to do, let alone thinking about housework etc etc.
I will talk about these more as they happen.

I know that there is time, although it is rather pushed, but at the same time, I don't like being or feeling rushed as I feel that it affects my work.
I'm really hard on myself when it comes to marks and unless I get a 1st, I'm just not happy with myself or the work I have done.
I also had a very good streak of 1st for project work in the first year so I don't want to settle for any less.

I was really annoyed with my marks for my first project this year (Waterfall Collections) as I was only a couple of points shy of a 1st, leaving me with a high 2.1
I know this is not by any means a bad grade and when the mark is broken down, 2 out of 5 parts of my mark we high 1st's after all...but I'm just not satisfied with myself.

I know I am capable of achieving a 1st and have done plenty of times before, so that is what I want and no less.

At the same time however, I worry that I am pushing myself too hard too much which may not be helping!!!

No comments:

Blog Archive


About Me...

Photographer based in Dawlish, Devon. I'm available for weddings, portraits and commissions.

Please see my website for further details.


* Please note that all images in this blog are © Eleanor Stobbart unless stated otherwise. Please do not use these images without the permission of the copyright owner. *