Sunday 18 March 2012

Lyme Regis

On route back from Highcliffe Castle at the weekend, I decided to stop off in a small coastal town called Lyme Regis, which forms part of the Jurassic Coast.

Lyme Regis is famous for their harbor defenses, a huge wall named 'The Cobb' and for its fossils that can be found under the cliffs. It is also the famous because of a fossilist named Mary Anning (1799-1847), who in 1811 made one of her most famous discoveries of an Ichthyosaurus skeleton. Mary was born on the site of what is now the museum in Lyme Regis and this is also where she kept her fossil shop.

I haven't been to Lyme Regis since a primary school trip and not only did I want to see how much I remembered of it, I wanted to do a quick location scout for a potential sunrise shoot.

Lyme Regis 16.03.2012

No comments:

Blog Archive


About Me...

Photographer based in Dawlish, Devon. I'm available for weddings, portraits and commissions.

Please see my website for further details.


* Please note that all images in this blog are © Eleanor Stobbart unless stated otherwise. Please do not use these images without the permission of the copyright owner. *