Monday 5 October 2009

Geocaching

Totally unrelated to either work or Uni, but I have started Geocaching.
I figured I might as well and if I'm going to be doing a lot of walking for my photography, I could do this at the same time and it sounded like good fun.

For those who don't know what Geocaching is, it is basically a game of hiding and seeking hidden treasure (no, not expensive treasure...more like trinkets)... oh, and hiking.
You need to sign up to the GeoCaching website to get the longitude and latitude co-ordinates of the caches (so you need a GPS, there is also an iPhone app).
There are several hundred caches in the Leeds area and thousands more beyond.

Here is a trailer from 'Splinterheads', describing a little more about what Geocaching is, although its a little more extreme that the caches that I know about.


Oh, and I found my first Geocache today - yey!

No comments:

Blog Archive


About Me...

Photographer based in Dawlish, Devon. I'm available for weddings, portraits and commissions.

Please see my website for further details.


* Please note that all images in this blog are © Eleanor Stobbart unless stated otherwise. Please do not use these images without the permission of the copyright owner. *