Wednesday 11 March 2009

Painting with Light: Sparklers

I think my neighbours were quite confused when they saw me out in the street with my camera set up on the tripod while I was waving sparklers about!

This was quite different as there was so much light from the street lamps so the length of the exposures were quite limited. To enable them to be longer, I used a very small aperture so that less light was let into the exposure. The sparklers were still picked up well as they were so bright.


Above Left: Taken at F.16 exposure 13 seconds, ISO 100
Above Right: Taken at F.8 exposure 6 seconds, ISO 100


Above Left: Taken at F.8 exposure 6 seconds, ISO 100
Above Right: Taken at F.8 exposure 6 seconds, ISO 100

After messing about for a while, I decided to try drawing round something - there isn't much in our street so I used my car.
I have seen this done before in magazines and its quite a cool effect. It was just a shame that it wasn't darker as it would have looked so much better!


Taken at F.16 exposure 25 seconds, ISO 100

No comments:

Blog Archive


About Me...

Photographer based in Dawlish, Devon. I'm available for weddings, portraits and commissions.

Please see my website for further details.


* Please note that all images in this blog are © Eleanor Stobbart unless stated otherwise. Please do not use these images without the permission of the copyright owner. *