Monday 2 February 2009

Low Light...



Steph and I were going to have a play with this the other night but got slightly distracted by copious amounts of alcohol and it didn't happen...but I have had a very uneventful day and this seemed like a good excuse to play with my new lens!

This technique uses a long exposure while I basically, wave a torch at the camera. So simple and quite amusing to see what you have actually drawn!
I tried a few things and writing backwards was impossible so I decided just to flip the images.



After writing and trying to draw cartoons (which just weren't happening and I was lacking in patience) I decided to draw round things with the torch.
These are a couple of my favourites but I would like to experiment more with this technique as it's great fun.

Painting with Light: Flexing Pose Painting with Light: Fight

No comments:

Blog Archive


About Me...

Photographer based in Dawlish, Devon. I'm available for weddings, portraits and commissions.

Please see my website for further details.


* Please note that all images in this blog are © Eleanor Stobbart unless stated otherwise. Please do not use these images without the permission of the copyright owner. *